KnitYoga

All rights are reserved on all images and text on this blog.

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Love & Peace


Well, my goddess now has arms plus a little revision. Out went the fruit and the heavy worsted weight embroidery and in came lots of practice at bullion knot roses.


So, instead of being a goddess of plenty, she's now a flower power goddess. She's a real 60's wild child witnessed by the symbols on her back. Love and peace, man! ;-)


What else? Well, I made Jared Flood's Habitat hat for Becca's Chemo Hats project.


I didn't think I liked knitting cables but I really enjoyed knitting this!

Much to my surprise I gathered the confidence to join this project. Basically, you choose a theme and do one beaded project a month within this theme for the whole year and then decide how to display them. Well, I thought it would motivate me to try this out after dabbling my feet in the water with the beaded dotees but no way can I compare my feeble efforts with that of a lot of the really talented people that are taking part in this project. However, everyone has to start somewhere and this is where I'm starting. I've commenced January's effort but it's not finished yet as there is so much else going on. I will have to catch up, hopefully, in February. The theme I've chosen is 'Women of Myth' and my first is entitled 'Sea Siren'.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:11 pm, Blogger acrylik said…

    Your goddess is beautiful - love the 'wild child' look :) And that hat is just gorgeous.

    Have fun with your new challenge, it looks really interesting. Hope to see your projects on your blog sometime.

     
  • At 4:01 pm, Blogger My Creative House said…

    Thanks for visiting my blog and for your sweet comment. Your flower power goddess is wonderful, love all the embroidery you have made on her.

     
  • At 7:26 pm, Blogger Rebecca said…

    Thank you so much for the hat! I received it and it is just gorgeous!
    I think you are far far far more talented than you give yourself credit for! You are going to rock this project! Women of myth sounds interesting and i just cant wait to see what you're going to do with it!
    Your goddess is beautiful :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home