KnitYoga

All rights are reserved on all images and text on this blog.

Friday, July 17, 2009

Er, Hello Again!


A bit of a hiatus there as life called me in other directions for a while so I expect I'll be talking to myself now. It seems a shame to let the blog go after keeping it up for so long and it's a great log of what's been happening in my creative life to look back on so here goes. As there's quite a bit to catch up on, I think I'll update on what projects I've been working on mostly with pics this time around and, if any of my past readers are loyal enough not to have disappeared into the sunset and actually read this, 'hello'! :-)


Shetland Lace Patterned Faroese Shawl

I decided to make an afghan as I thought the blocks would fit in well with my need for manageable knitting whilst providing instant gratification at the same time. I wanted to personalise and make it meaningful and thematic. I started with the Enchanted Cottage for the centre because home is where the heart is.


Enchanted Cottage

This block is to be surrounded by the four seasons of which I've done three at present.


Spring



Autumn



Winter

Then I thought I'd add some blocks for things that I love and the first one is, guess what? shhhh chocolate!


Box of Chocolates

A great way of displaying some of my vintage buttons, don't you think? Here are a couple of shots to show how the whole thing's shaping up although the blocks are not positioned where they will be eventually.




Each of these blocks measures 13" square and I plan to make 30. The finished item will either be a bed cover for a single bed or I'll back it with canvas and have it as a wall hanging.

Lastly, I've been working on the Woman's Journal Vintage Lace Jumper with donated vintage yarn for the KCG Period Garment Scheme. There were several errors in the pattern which I managed to get my head around only to be finally defeated by running out of useable yarn. I think there'd been some serious moth chomping going on at some point with two of the balls of yarn! Anyway, here's a pic of the front and back pinned together on my dress form.


I have enough decent yarn left to knit the collar and to edge the armholes even though the sleeve length is meant to be a few inches above the elbow. A shame but better than nothing, I suppose.

10 Comments:

  • At 1:44 pm, Blogger Lady Euphoria Deathwatch said…

    Hi KnitYoga,

    I still read your blog when it shows up. Love you knitting and it is still worth the wait.

    I for one would hate it if you stopped blogging altogether.

    Hugs, Euphoria

     
  • At 2:17 pm, Anonymous denise said…

    I started reading your blog during the Swan lake mystery stole experience.

    I am so glad that you are back!!!!

    Everything you do is absolutely incredible. You provide a huge amount of inspiration to me.

    More hugs,
    Denise

     
  • At 3:22 pm, Blogger acrylik said…

    Hellooo! Lovely to "see" you again :)

    Absolutely beautiful work, as always. Your afghan is going to be stunning and a real heirloom piece. The section with the chocolates is inspired ;)

    Hope you're keeping well x

     
  • At 8:38 pm, Blogger Nana Sadie said…

    Glad to see you again! Always delighted when Bloglines picks you up.
    Beautiful knitting hon.
    (((hugs)))

     
  • At 11:27 pm, Anonymous Irene said…

    YO! Great to see a bit from your hand and what beauty! Love it! Keep them squares coming!

    Welcome back!

     
  • At 5:39 am, Blogger Rebecca said…

    wow - such gorgeous pieces of art! lvoe everything!
    glad you're back :)

     
  • At 10:39 am, Blogger dreamcatcher said…

    Good to see you posting - love the shawl and the afghan blocks!

     
  • At 12:56 pm, Anonymous Georgina (Remote Knitter) said…

    Having myself disappeared off the radar, I have never given up on you - you were one of the first people and one of the lovliest that I encountered in blogworld! At least you didn't do as I did in my 'gap year', delete your identity!!
    Loving the work you have been doing - the colour of the shawl is beautiful and your personal aphgan is going to be a delight!

     
  • At 9:15 pm, Blogger Daisy said…

    Great to catch up with what you've been doing. And gorgeous work as usual. I love the seasons!

     
  • At 7:26 pm, Blogger Catherine said…

    I always look forward to your postings! The afghan is a great idea. I can certainly relate to the need for managable knitting coupled with instant gratification.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home