KnitYoga

All rights are reserved on all images and text on this blog.

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Shawl Crazy


I'm in stashbusting mood at the moment and what better way to use it up than by knitting shawls . . . and shawls . . . and did I mention shawls?

The first one is the Six Petal Half Circle Shawl for which I used 5 skeins of wine coloured Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino from a lot I bought in the John Lewis sale at half price a few years ago.


Next, is a Forest Canopy Shawl




I used a skein of Handmaiden Seasilk in Lily Pond colourway for this which I've had in stash since my 2007 Blogiversary competition when I treated myself as well as the winner!

Last but not least, shawlwise, is the start of Sharon Winsauer's Dragonfly in jade coloured Fiddlesticks Zephyr laceweight.


I'm almost half way through the border now on this one.

Just to prove that I do knit other stuff, too, here's a cocoon stitch washcloth in Rowan Handknit Cotton.


This is a charity knit to send to Julie aka Fibers who is collecting them for the Native Elders

8 Comments:

  • At 2:07 pm, Blogger Fred said…

    I'm look,ing at the six petal and thinking "now what do I hve in my stash?"

     
  • At 3:02 pm, Blogger dreamcatcher said…

    Gorgeous shawls, I hadn't seen the six petal design before. Might be able to do some more stashbusting myself :-)

     
  • At 9:27 pm, Blogger Daisy said…

    Wow, how many shawls?! Those look amazing!

     
  • At 1:58 am, Blogger Tina - omme i London said…

    That dish cloth could almost pass for a mini shawl... :)

     
  • At 6:06 am, Blogger MaryjoO said…

    all are lovely, but esp. the top one. And you must have blocked the forest canopy one well to get it that big LOL

    seriously, am very impressed by the top shawl -- looks like it took a LOT of knitting!

     
  • At 4:21 pm, Blogger acrylik said…

    Wow, such amazing shawls. I love them all, especially the first one. Now let's hope for a lovely spring and summer so you can wear each and every one :D

     
  • At 4:42 am, Blogger Unknown said…

    Your Forest Canopy Is really beautiful.

     
  • At 9:52 pm, Blogger Unknown said…

    Your shawls are beautiful, excellent workwomanship.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home