KnitYoga

All rights are reserved on all images and text on this blog.

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Snow Forest


Imagine you're walking through the forest and, in the distance, you can hear the bells of Yuletide ringing out to celebrate the season.

Pealing Bells Lace

Bell Edging

The chevron shapes of the conifers all around you are blanketed in a pure white cloak of snow as you make your way towards the clearing where you know a warm welcome awaits you in the homely looking log cabin that now comes into view.

Christmas Chevron

Snow Forest

The night is still and there are stars to light your way as well as a lighted window in the cabin as you approach.

The Star

Little flurries of snowflakes are all around and you remember how, as a small child, you would dance in the snow and try to capture just one snowflake thinking that you would be able to see more closely what it looked like only to find it melted to nothing more than water in your small warm hands. Nevertheless, you still marvel at the seasons and the snowflakes have never lost their magic for you.

The Star & Beaded & Sequinned Snowflakes

Beaded & Sequinned Snowflakes

You now enter the cabin and take off your coat and boots before going into the room from which you have seen the welcoming candlelight at the window. You know that in that room will be the people that you love and that they have been awaiting your arrival eagerly. What a sight greets you when you open the door! The table is set for Yule, there is mulled wine and mince pies and a log fire blazing in the hearth. You are home . . .








Snow Forest is a knitted lace Yuletide Table Runner and Napkin Rings set embellished with beaded and sequinned snowflakes that are knitted in. It has been specially designed for the Winter Solstice with traditional stitches and motifs relating to Yule. Watch out for the pattern in the next day or two when I will be making it available as a Ravelry and Etsy download. Although it is a lace and beaded/sequinned project, there should still be time to knit it before the holidays. It's a relatively quick knit as it's knitted in Twilley's No 5 Lyscordet Crochet Cotton which is equivalent to 3ply.

I made the set in the photos for sale at a charity event I'm involved in at the moment in aid of carers of people with Alzheimers. I will be deciding which of my lace I can part with for sale and making as much as I can before the big day.

As usual click on any of the photos to see more detail!

13 Comments:

  • At 7:50 pm, Blogger Wye Sue said…

    Thanks for that ;-)
    I thought I had my present knitting all under control and well planned with ennough time, now I might have to change an idea ;-)
    So how long do you think it will take to do the table runner ? Can I manage it with everything else I planned.... Will look forward to the pattern release :-) And I might *just* have enough yarn in stash to complete ;-)

     
  • At 9:05 pm, Blogger MaryjoO said…

    I fell in love with this when I just saw it on Raverly -- reminds me of my "things" which are en route from years of being outside of the US. Christmas treasures are important to expats as you pull them out year after year and feel you are at "home." I look forward to adding this (when you release the pattern :)) to our family treasures!!

     
  • At 10:51 pm, Blogger acrylik said…

    What a stunning table setting and such a wonderful story to go with it. I wish you every success with the pattern - it's beautiful!

     
  • At 3:42 am, Blogger Nurhanne said…

    It's nice to see a new knitted table treatment design. And such a pretty one too :-)

     
  • At 7:12 am, Blogger Sweetpea4kids said…

    Wow, thats amazing and a great table setting.

     
  • At 7:09 pm, Blogger Nana Sadie said…

    OH MY! How lovely!!!
    (((hugs)))

     
  • At 8:28 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So beautiful !
    First, sorry for my english, I'm French and can not stay without give you a "C'est magnifique !".
    And what a very good idea to a virtual-walk onto the table !

     
  • At 11:37 pm, Blogger Catherine said…

    What a beauiful table runner!

     
  • At 3:36 pm, Blogger DeBD said…

    That is absolutely gorgeous! Looks like it would be fun to knit, too.

     
  • At 9:23 pm, Blogger Susie Hewer said…

    Oh no, will I have time to fit this in before Christmas?.................Thanks for what you're doing for carers of people with Alzheimer's. As you may know it's a cause very dear to me.

     
  • At 3:18 pm, Blogger Modelwidow said…

    Words fail me (and that doesn't happen very often) this is just....just..... amazing, stunning, beautiful and so much more.

     
  • At 4:24 pm, Blogger Daisy said…

    WOW, gorgeous pattern, congratulations!

     
  • At 1:47 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Absolutely lovely. I'll have to make it for next year though - I want this for myself & my table. Looking forward to the pattern release.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home