KnitYoga

All rights are reserved on all images and text on this blog.

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Meme


Life's been super busy which is why I've had another long gap without a post. Thanks to all for your complimentary remarks on the Estonian Lace Christening Shawl. There will be some pics of the real thing soon as it's almost finished. I've been writing the pattern and charting it as I go, so the pattern should also be ready at the same time.

Now for the meme. Modelwidow kindly tagged me for the Peeps I Want To Know More About meme which I've been meaning to do for the past few days and now I've finally got around to it.

The rules: Each player answers the questions about themselves. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5-6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog. Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer.

Here are my responses.

1) What was I doing ten years ago?
I was working as a homoeopath in various clinics as well as doing allergy testing and Reiki and a part time foundation course in chemistry at the School of Optimum Nutrition.

2) What are five (non-work) things on my to-do list for today:
1.Continue knitting my shawl design.
2.Read my new novel by Doris Lessing
3.Ring up a friend who has been feeling a bit low lately
4.Relax with a pack of Nobby's Nuts.
5.Go to a friend's this evening to pick up some knitting books (she's having a clear out and what better home for knitting books! ;-))

3) Snacks I enjoy:
My all time favourite snack at the moment is a packet of sweet chili flavour Nobby's Nuts. I'm actually addicted to the things and, what's more, every person up to now that I've introduced to them has become addicted too. So, beware!

4) Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
Give up my job and add a studio to my home where I would work and play every day doing all stuff creative. The studio would contain my spinning wheel (and I would actually find time to learn how to use the thing), a loom for weaving, my sewing machine on a proper table as well as a special table for cutting fabric, and my many and varied craft supplies including, of course, my yarn stash. I would share this space with others and we could all be creative together.

5) Places I have lived:
Co Durham where I was born and raised and various parts of the country including London and the home counties.

6) Jobs I have had:
Secretary/personal assistant, homoeopath, waitress, cook, working for the College of Homoepathy as a part time tutor as well as being involved in the moderating process by doing the first markings of dissertations, computer archivist.

7) Peeps I want to know more about:
It's been some time since I checked blogs so I'm not sure who's done/hasn't done this meme. If you're reading this and haven't done it, I invite you to participate and, as I'm very nosy, if you do, please leave a comment so that I can come and have a look! :-)

4 Comments:

  • At 8:52 pm, Blogger Modelwidow said…

    Lovely to find out more about you. I might have to try those Nobby's nuts, sound interesting.

     
  • At 1:41 pm, Blogger Daisy said…

    I've never heard of Nobby's Nuts, but they sound highly dangerous!

     
  • At 6:18 pm, Blogger Tina - omme i London said…

    That's a great "meme", which I'll have to find a few moments to answer. The shawl/blanket is SO incredibly beautiful. I don't know how you do it and wished I had your skill!

     
  • At 4:37 am, Anonymous Wishingcas said…

    Good reading

     

Post a Comment

<< Home