KnitYoga

All rights are reserved on all images and text on this blog.

Friday, March 23, 2007

Viennese Tablecloth


Well, DH brought a copy of Knitting Magazine home last night! I'll bet none of you would have guessed that I'd designed a tablecloth! It's knitted in two shades of Sirdar Luxury Cotton and has a beaded lace edge.


I love the way they've followed through on the title, Viennese Tablecloth, with the Viennese whirls! It's right at the back of the magazine as, being a tablecloth, it's classed as Home Knitting which is always at the back. Hey, but that's okay, given as it's right next to Sasha Kagan's floor cushion (also a home knit!)


This was actually designed and knitted by October last year but Knitting magazine wanted to photograph it outdoors and the landscape was too bleak and wintry for that. Then they hit on the idea of photographing it in a really classy interiors shop called Flint at Home which is in Lewes, Sussex. Nice one!

Things have been really tough lately and are not getting any easier so this has given me a much needed lift. Thanks to all that have sent really kind congratulatory emails, etc. What lovely people you are! Rain, I've eaten the sheepy biscuit!!!! LOL

My second design (involving different sizes this time) will appear in Simply Knitting on sale on 26th April!

16 Comments:

  • At 7:55 pm, Blogger Daisy said…

    Oooh, it's lovely! I'm glad you posted the pic for us all to see! Can't wait to get my paws on a copy of the magazine so I can see the pattern!

     
  • At 9:18 pm, Blogger Penny said…

    That's a lovely way to display lace: you must be really pleased to have it published.

     
  • At 1:59 am, Blogger Rain said…

    Fancy eating the biscuit ;)
    lol. Hope it was as yummy as it looked.

    The tablecloth looks fabulous and very classy. I'm delighted you've been published, you more than deserve it. I look forward to seeing the next one in print. Well done!

     
  • At 9:55 am, Blogger Seahorse said…

    Huge congrats on your first published design - the first of many I hope!

     
  • At 10:53 am, Blogger T said…

    It's beautiful and here's to many more published designs! :)

     
  • At 3:35 pm, Blogger gilraen said…

    Well done and congrats! I'm delighted for you. The table cloth is lovely and no wonder it is being published. :)

     
  • At 3:14 am, Blogger dreamcatcher said…

    Many many congratulations on your first published design, the tablecloth is lovely! Looking forward to the next one :-)

    I love that sheepy biscuit BTW!

     
  • At 8:57 am, Blogger Jenn said…

    As I have been no were near a book store recently to buy any sort of knitting magazine I am glad you posted this! :) It is absolutely beautiful looking!! Again congratulations on getting it published, cant wait to see whats coming out in sk from you this month! :)

     
  • At 9:07 am, Blogger Sweetpea4kids said…

    Congratulations on your publication. Can't wait to get Simply Knitting now.

     
  • At 11:42 am, Blogger artyfartykat said…

    It's beautiful!
    I'm pleased that its publication has given you a lift. You are very talented AND busy lady!!

     
  • At 2:21 pm, Blogger Modelwidow said…

    That is gorgeous, well done for getting published. What a busy lady you are - you keep popping up in the mags, and good for you.

     
  • At 7:32 pm, Blogger Nana Sadie said…

    How pretty! Congrats!!!
    And you SHOULD get a lift - published!!
    I'm proud to know you!
    ((((hugs))))

     
  • At 4:29 pm, Blogger acrylik said…

    Congratulations on your first published design, it is absolutely beautiful. Here's to many, many more!

     
  • At 9:04 am, Blogger Artis-Anne said…

    Congratulations on your first of many I am sure ; you are a very talented lady.
    I do feel for you with what you are going through on the 'home front' and I hope that things will improve all round

     
  • At 10:26 pm, Blogger MandellaUK said…

    Congratulations on getting into print! And may I say (a little late) that it's lovely to see you here blogging again.

     
  • At 4:56 pm, Blogger Knitsmith said…

    Hi Hazel, thats a great design and what a good idea. Sorry to hear of all the problems you have been having, I hope there will be some relief soon and I'll look out for the Magazine!

    Jan

     

Post a Comment

<< Home