KnitYoga

All rights are reserved on all images and text on this blog.

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Back Again!


Well, here I am back again and I'd just like to say sorry for not blogging for so long but there just hasn't been time. My father-in-law, who suffers from Alzheimers, has been with us now for six weeks while my mother-in-law is in hospital and, as I work at home, the main part of it has fallen to me. I won't go into that side of things except to say it's been really difficult and I now have the utmost respect for anyone who cares for an Alzheimers sufferer full-time.

I was also experiencing a serious case of LKM syndrome and was wondering when, and if, I'd ever get back to knitting let alone blogging. My internet friends have been wonderful though and I've had lots of support and virtual hugs through it all. I'm now pleased to say that I'm wielding those needles again and knitting another River (photo to come) this time in silvery grey Kidsilk Night.

Good things have happened, too. Lots of them! Knitz & Glitz has now been mentioned in Simply Knitting several times as well as Knitting magazine and Knit Today. K&G even attained pride of place amongst Simply Knitting's Great Websites in the February issue.


February also saw my birthday come and go and I received some lovely knitterly gifts.


The soft green silky Posh Yarn came from Louise; the yummy Fibrespates from Tina; at the back is a lovely handmade polymer clay shawl pin from Mary-Lou; the gorgeous beaded book thong was handmade by Claire; and the bookmark beside it is one of Carrie Anne's wonderful creations. Last, but certainly not least, are the notebook and pen and that absolutely fab sheep biscuit from Rain! I adore that biscuit! I must do as I'm a complete biscuit nabber but couldn't bring myself to actually eat it as it would be such a shame for it to be no more! Thanks again, ladies, for all the wonderful birthday gifts!

And I am SO excited!!!! You see, my first design has been published in April's Knitting magazine which should be in the shops now. Others have already seen it and have been describing how it is but, me, I haven't managed to get my hands on a copy yet! I'm rather enjoying the suspense. And, that's not all, my second design should be appearing in the May issue of Simply Knitting! Did I say I was excited??! Okay, I know it must seem strange to say that I lost my knitting mojo and then I suddenly have two knitting designs published but, if I tell you both were designed and knitted some time ago, you'll understand better.

I'm also really excited about the new line that will soon be appearing on Knitz & Glitz. Here are some in various stages of completion.


At the moment, they've just been placed on bits of dowel to give an idea but, when they're all fully embellished and properly assembled they will be art doll scarf pins. They have tiny little rhinestones in their hats and teeny weeny ones in their eye sockets which make their eyes glint and look very realistic. I love them! I even had a go at crocheting some flower doll corsages.


I'll be back again soon to tell more and I'm going to spend some time this evening making a few blog visits to try to catch up. Will I ever?!!! But, for now, Ciao! :-)

9 Comments:

  • At 6:01 pm, Blogger Rain said…

    It's good to see you back. Hopefully things will start to calm down for you. The new lines for the shop look wonderful and it's great you're getting so much exposure in the mags. I haven't seen your pattern yet but I'll be looking out for it when I'm next in town. Well done Hazel, you deserve it.

     
  • At 6:03 pm, Blogger Rain said…

    Psst! Eat the biscuit!

     
  • At 8:06 pm, Blogger Seahorse said…

    Lovely to see a new post! It's so exciting to see the shop and your designing going from strength to strength!

     
  • At 10:08 pm, Blogger T said…

    It IS good to see you posting :) You deserve all the success you're having, we're excited too!

     
  • At 7:40 am, Blogger Jenn said…

    Wow your just running leaps and bounds ahead arent ya?! :) Congratulations on TWO published projjects!! and for all the mentions you are getting on K&G I know from reading here how hard you have worked to get it were it is and to keep it going strong. The new pins are going to look lovely..
    Happy late birthday! Looks like you got alot of nice goodies out of it all.. :)

     
  • At 9:26 am, Blogger artyfartykat said…

    Lovely to see you back. Sorry to hear you've had such a rough time lately.
    Fab news about patterns being published in Knitting and SK, well done!
    Love the art dolls too, I bet they will be popular.And a belated Happy birthday!!

     
  • At 11:19 am, Blogger acrylik said…

    Lovely to see you back! I'm off down town this afternoon to go and get a copy of Knitting, I'm really looking forward to seeing your design :) It's all so exciting.

    Your new range looks amazing, looking forward to seeing it on K&G soon.

     
  • At 12:49 pm, Blogger Nana Sadie said…

    Missed you! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Art Dolls! OK..I am going to need (yes, NEED) something in Red Hat colors...(red/purple) saucy ladies with crochet...I just know it!

    And congrats on your exposure - That is SOOO terrific!

    Hmm...wonder if there's a way to get that for Nana Sadie Rose???

    Lots of ((((hugs)))) for caring for your F-I-L! I know that's a challenge...

     
  • At 1:13 pm, Blogger Piglottie said…

    Sorry to hear you've been having a tough time Hazel, but lovely to see you back. I think the lost mojo has been doing the rounds of late but I'm glad to hear your's is coming back and a huge congratulations on the publicity and the designs being published.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home