KnitYoga

All rights are reserved on all images and text on this blog.

Friday, December 15, 2006

Dual Function


I'm badly missing blogging and keeping up with others' blogs but what, with doing one job in the daytime and another in the evenings (Knitz & Glitz) there ain't much time left for anything else. My hard work does seem to be paying off though and, well, I wasn't going to mention it but . . .


. . . this month Knitz & Glitz was featured in Simply Knitting!! Despite trying to feel all blase about the whole thing, there's just something about seeing what you've done in print that gets you really chuffed isn't there and, okay, it's only a few paragraphs and a couple of photos of my handmade goodies but I thought it was way cool when I saw page 11 of January's SK. Note the wording on the photo of the bracelet "Never has knitting been so stylish"! That really tickled me!!!

Knitz & Glitz handmade goodies seem to be becoming quite cosmopolitan as well as ending up in the most unlikely of places like, would you believe, Buckingham Palace!!! And, if you don't believe me, take a look here and you may also like to admire Piglottie's wonderful Forest Canopy Shawl whilst you're over there!

I've got lots planned for the new year, all of which is very exciting but I'll tell more later. For now, I'm looking forward to the Xmas break and enjoying something I've been hankering after ever since I did a certain workshop just over a year ago and which I've been promised Santa will be bringing me. With this in mind, Silvia very kindly sent me these recently. (Thanks, again, Silv!)


So, no prizes for guessing what the longed for item is!

I've now got to make sure I finish all my K&G orders and get them out by Monday after which I'm looking forward to visiting as many blogs as I can to see what you've been up to and, after that, I'm not sure if I'll get time to blog again before Xmas so I'll wish you all the best for whatever you celebrate and hope that we can all look forward to a wonderful year in 2007.

11 Comments:

  • At 11:44 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congratulations!! You've worked hard and so deserve the exposure! Enjoy!

     
  • At 2:25 pm, Blogger AmyP said…

    Great news on the publicity! Remember us little people when you're at the top? ;)

     
  • At 3:14 pm, Blogger Daisy said…

    Hooray! Have an excellent Christmas break after all your hard work and enjoy the new thingummydoodleflip! ;)

     
  • At 3:21 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You've worked so hard and deserve every success! I'm so pleased it's going so well for you :)

     
  • At 4:30 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You are entitled to feel chuffed seeing your goodies in print. Well done.

     
  • At 6:18 pm, Blogger T said…

    Congratulations on your well-deserved success and long may it continue :D
    Hey, I like what Silv's sent, lots of fun coming your way by the looks of things! Have a Happy Christmas Hazel xx

     
  • At 8:55 pm, Blogger Nana Sadie said…

    THAT is wonderful! Congratulations!
    (((hugs)))

     
  • At 3:08 pm, Blogger artyfartykat said…

    Congrats on your success,you deserve it! It was brill to see your bracelet in SK.
    I love the glitter pencils too!

     
  • At 1:07 pm, Blogger Rain said…

    They wrote a lovely piece to go with it. Congratulations, it's great to see it in print.

     
  • At 1:19 pm, Blogger Piglottie said…

    Congratulations on the publicity! And thank you again for making such a wonderful customised piece for my visit to the Palace. It was truly wonderful! Have a wonderful Christmas and very best wishes for 2007.

    PS: You do know that spinning can be as addictive as knitting don't you ;-)

     
  • At 11:54 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    And there was me thinking that you were going to resist the spinning bug...;) bGreat news about SK - it is great seeing your stuff in print, isn't it? A strange feeling too, but good!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home