KnitYoga

All rights are reserved on all images and text on this blog.

Friday, October 20, 2006

Very Sheepish!


Typical isn't it - you don't hear from me for ages and then two posts in two days! I just had to show you my second custom made scissors fob as I'm really chuffed with it. I've called it 'Very Sheepish' and you can see why by the photo below.


I did manage to get hold of some sheep beads but, unfortunately, they proved to be too heavy for a scissors fob. So good ole polymer clay came to the rescue and the beads were replaced by these handmade polymer clay sheep charms - nice and light! They're not 3D but they do definitely have a front . . .

. . . and a back!


The blogger who commissioned this piece wanted sheep, she likes brown and blue and she said she'd like stitchmarkers added to the ends. So, she has a scissors fob with four sheep and bead stitchmarkers and four bead stitchmarkers making eight in all! Not a bad deal, huh? The stitchmarkers are quite dainty and they'll fit up to size 4mm needles. Well, you wouldn't want great stonking things on a scissors fob, would you?

The sheep charms gave me the idea of also having some sheep needles (see my previous post) talking of which I decided that it might be a good idea for each pair of needles sold at Knitz & Glitz to come in a beaded needle keeper similar to this one.


After much frustration over finding pairs of needles and, indeed, with the wooden ones being able to know their sizes without using a needle gauge, I decided I was going to make little beaded keepers colour coded by size for all my needles! I'm now considering making packs of ten colour coded beaded needle keepers for Knitz & Glitz which will keep needles with their partners from sizes 2.75mm to 7mm and which will come with a colour coded key.

The first needles to go on sale will be the sheep ones in sizes 4mm, 5mm and 6mm. We're collecting lots of lovely Birch tomorrow so we can get started! Wish us luck! :-)

14 Comments:

  • At 6:52 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!

     
  • At 7:04 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Keep your hands of the Sheep...they are mine!!!!!!!!! Just a thought..I don't know how good your painting skills are but how about some painting onto the needles of sorts?

     
  • At 7:49 pm, Blogger Rain said…

    They are adorable - super cute! The fob itself is gorgeous.

    I love the idea for keeping the needles together too. I haven't looked at the site for over a week, my wishlist gets longer every time I do so I have to ration myself.

     
  • At 11:10 pm, Blogger Mary-Lou said…

    Think that means you can join Ruth's Sheep Challenge, doesn't it?

     
  • At 9:11 am, Blogger Piglottie said…

    They are so cute, and what a brilliant item - so beautiful yet so useful. Good luck with the needles, am very excited to see the finished product!

     
  • At 11:26 am, Blogger dreamcatcher said…

    The sheepy fob for Silvia is wonderful! You did a great job making the sheep from polymer clay, really cute. Wishing you good luck with your needle-making :-)

     
  • At 2:55 pm, Blogger Nana Sadie said…

    LOVE the sheep! How cute!!! And a great idea on the needle keepers...
    Good luck with those...
    (((hugs)))

     
  • At 1:04 pm, Blogger Craftydramaqueen said…

    SHEEEEEEEP! How cute are they? Ireceived my package on Friday. Thanx, the book thong and stitchmarkers are totally fab.

     
  • At 2:50 pm, Blogger Woolly Wormhead said…

    Your sheep (and you) are safely added to the 'Sheep Challenge' list. Steal the button and link back!

    I'm kinda tempted with sheep needles.... I hardly use straights now, but I could be persuaded....

     
  • At 6:28 pm, Blogger T said…

    'Stonking'? That's not like you Hazel, lol. Love everything as usual :)

     
  • At 7:55 pm, Blogger Daisy said…

    LOVE the scissor fob - those sheep are just too cool!

     
  • At 10:56 pm, Blogger acrylik said…

    Woah! Those sheep are extremely cool!

     
  • At 8:50 pm, Blogger MandellaUK said…

    I love those sheep!

     
  • At 5:38 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    They are so gorgeous, absolutely cute - and it's such a useful item indeed!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home