KnitYoga

All rights are reserved on all images and text on this blog.

Sunday, October 08, 2006

OSSP Goodies and New Designs


The weekend brought lovely goodies in the post from my One Skein Secret Pal. She sent a shawl that she'd knitted in handspun, hand-dyed yarn.




She also sent me a bag that she'd made which has little pockets sewn in to hold knitting needles and both items are in my favourite colours, too!


The pal who sent these to me is Mary and she blogs here. A big thanks once again, Mary, for the wonderful gifts! Lizzy was my lovely One Skein pal recipient and she blogs here!

Still no knitting to show but more to tell about that soon! I did, however, work on a couple of new designs for Knitz & Glitz. Firstly, I was asked to design a scissors fob and, after seeing the lovely one that Mandella made, I was inspired to want to make one immediately! However, as the one I was asked to make is to be in a particular colourway and with particular charms, both of which I didn't have at the time, I thought I'd have a go with the Metallic Rain beads that I got from Earth Faire some time ago and came up with this.


I made two of these out of the beads that I had and still have enough to make another!

Lately, I think I've become much more confident with my wirework so have been able to branch out a bit in my designs. These are three of the pins I designed at the weekend. The first I called Cobalt & Crystal.


Amazingly, this one was snapped up almost as soon as I put it up for sale!

Secondly, I called this one Ice Maiden!


And, lastly, one which includes Swarovski Crystals which, because of the colour combination, I named Mochaccino and Cointreau . . .


. . . - both of which I love! Yum!!!

14 Comments:

  • At 9:00 pm, Blogger Nana Sadie said…

    Your designs are so pretty!
    (((hugs)))

     
  • At 9:24 pm, Blogger Spinningsue said…

    Absolutely gorgeous! I love the last one.

     
  • At 9:53 pm, Blogger T said…

    Nice goodies Hazel and I must say your new K&G stuff is just lovely. I bet you're really enjoying all this creating!

     
  • At 10:08 pm, Blogger Dropstitchknitter said…

    That shawl is beautiful and so are your pin designs!! Very original and nicely done. It's nice to see another Pin maker out there in internet land!

     
  • At 1:51 pm, Blogger Piglottie said…

    I love Ice Maiden. You are so talented! Glad to hear your stuff is selling, but not surprised as its so lovely.

    What a gorgeous gift from your One Skein Pal. I love the shawl - any idea what the pattern is?

     
  • At 5:12 pm, Blogger acrylik said…

    Ice Maiden is fantastic - such beautiful designs as always Hazel!

     
  • At 1:00 am, Blogger dreamcatcher said…

    Gorgeous new designs, I can hardly keep up!

    Love the shawl and bag :-)

     
  • At 11:58 am, Blogger Rain said…

    Teh bag from your pal is lovely.

    I love the new stuff for the shop, your stuff is stunning.

     
  • At 3:45 pm, Blogger KnitYoga said…

    Thanks, ladies! Piglottie - Mary told me which pattern she used for the shawl and I'm sure she won't mind me telling you what it is. It's surprisingly simple, only consisting of two rows repeated, and is as follows:
    1st row - knit.
    2nd row - increase into 1st st (yo, k2tog, k2), repeat to end and increase into final st.

     
  • At 10:33 pm, Blogger MandellaUK said…

    Lovely beady things as always. You definitely have one up on me - I am strictly a kit person with beads. You're the creative one.

     
  • At 10:01 am, Blogger Seahorse said…

    Nice pressies :)

    I love the new K&G stuff! You've got such an eye for what works. Ice Maiden is particularly beautiful.

     
  • At 5:51 am, Blogger kt said…

    Wow! Your pins are inspiring me to pull out my wire jewelry kit! I'm not at all surprised that someone grabbed "Cobalt & Crystal"--the balance of the piece is so nice! Lovely work.

     
  • At 9:58 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh, how beautiful all these goodies are! I really love the shawl, and your pin designs rock big time too! Amazing work!

     
  • At 1:27 pm, Blogger PURLPOWER said…

    I like the 'ice maiden' best, so pretty. And that shawl is gorgeous whilst at the same time being so simple. What a fab SP!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home