KnitYoga

All rights are reserved on all images and text on this blog.

Friday, September 01, 2006

Loadsa Piccies!


With work, getting my eShop together and knitting, I've not had a lot of time to blog recently and have also missed visiting others' blogs but I'm going to catch up with that right now! I've lots to show this time but not all that much in the way of knitting as the main project I'm working on is secret for the time being. I finished the Fetching fingerless gloves for my one skein secret pal. They're a much nicer green than shown in the photo but I had to use a flash to take the photo as they were finished at night and I wanted to give them to DH the following morning to post.


I also made my pal this pin as she'd knitted a bolero and couldn't find a suitable button to fasten it with.

She might not like it for the bolero, of course, but, if not, I hope she'll find another use for it.

Whilst sorting out my wardrobe the other day, I came across this cardi which I knitted back in either the late eighties or early nineties and then never wore.

I was wondering if it might look okay worn with a pin so tried it with the pin I made for my pal. Do you think it looks too dated now? I was prone to do this quite a lot - knit things and then never wear them - and I have several items in my wardrobe like this. Maybe I'll donate some of it to the November charity craft fair or maybe I'll actually wear some of it one day.

I finished one side of the Sirdar long top (one down and one to go!) . . . . .


. . . . . and have now added to my yarn collection again after a period of being very self-disciplined since my visit to Stash. I bought eight balls of Patons Spirit in Hobbycraft at £3.25 a ball and every second ball at half price.


I think the main reason I fell for it, apart from it being a bit bargainous, was the Berry colourway. I'm not sure what to do with it yet. I didn't like any of the Patons patterns for it so I think I'll have a go at designing something with it. Hobbycraft also had R2 Rag, Paper, Braid and Fuzzi Felt all at 99p a ball!

Lee and Amanda (DS and DIL) came to stay over the bank holiday and I was in my element because Amanda wanted to learn to knit. She almost completed a pair of wristwarmers over the weekend and was so enthusiastic she actually took her knitting to bed with her "to do a few more rows"! At Hobbycraft, I bought her some more yarn to make more wristwarmers, a row counter, some knitting needles and Alison Dupernex's Beginners' Guide to Knitting. I'd already bought her the first copy of Knit Today magazine with the free mini version of this book so let no-one say I didn't encourage her! LOL

I treated myself to one of those cool S.T.A.M.P.S. watches from the Pink Palace.

They're the latest thing and, basically, you can stick them anywhere like a stamp and then unstick them to stick them somewhere else such as in the shower, on your desk, etc. You can also just buy a strap of your choice and stick it on that or a necklace to stick it on and they come in a neat little case with two sticky patches. There are loads of different designs to choose from for the 'stamp' face and I'm thinking of stocking them in my eShop. Here's a close up of the 'stamp' I chose . . . . .


. . . . . and, as a taster, here are some of the stitchmarkers and pins that I've been making for sale. If you like, you can click on any of the photos to enlarge.

'Pink Icing on the Cake' and 'Purple Helix' stitchmarkers.










'Lucky Ladybird' Lampwork and Clapotis stitchmarkers (a set of eighteen).










'Hearts of Gold' Stitchmarkers and 'Flower Power' Scarf/Shawl Pin.

17 Comments:

  • At 1:31 pm, Blogger Seahorse said…

    Gorgeous stitchmarkers! I especially like the ladybirds.

    I think your jacket is quite a classic style. The only bit I'm not ever so keen on is the tight cuffs but that might just be me! Potential for altering them anyway perhaps?

     
  • At 5:40 pm, Blogger Nana Sadie said…

    WOW! You really have been busy! LOVE the stitchmarkers, the pins, all of it.
    And I'd vote for the elimination of the tight waist on your jacket, but that's just me!
    Great find on that yarn, too...
    (((hugs)))

     
  • At 6:01 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It has to be the late 1980s.

    I can't say I remember seeing it before!

    Love
    DH

     
  • At 6:35 pm, Blogger T said…

    I'm so envious of your LONG top as opposed to my SHORT one ;o) The berry yarn really is lovely and berry-y isn't it? Gorgeous. New stitchmarkers are all great and what a funky watch! Not seen those before. The cardi is beautifully made but I have to admit I wouldn't wear it today. But then, I do delude myself that I am oh so young and trendy, haha! It looks good with the pin.

     
  • At 6:40 pm, Blogger KnitYoga said…

    Perhaps if I keep the cardi a bit longer, it would have vintage appeal. ;-)

     
  • At 7:00 pm, Blogger T said…

    Good plan :D

     
  • At 7:22 pm, Blogger Daisy said…

    Cool stitchmarkers! Good luck with the eshop.

     
  • At 8:43 pm, Blogger acrylik said…

    Lots of lovely things to see here, your stitchmarkers are excellent. I love that Berry colourway, shame they weren't in my local Hobbycraft.

    I'm not keen on the ribbed edges of the cardi, but the overall shape is fine. Like you say, keep it for vintage!

    Love the Fetching wristers too :)

     
  • At 8:22 am, Blogger Rain said…

    You have been busy! Fetching look fab, your pal is going to love them.

    I think your jacket is quite a classic style too, I agree with Seahorse about the cuffs though.

    The colour of your long top is lovely and I love the yarn you got, it's a gorgeous colour.

    It looks like you have a true disciple there - well and truly converted!.

     
  • At 11:50 am, Blogger Badger said…

    I love the set of stitch markers for Clapotis, that's a really good idea.

    I think Seahorse is right about the cuffs on the jacket - they seem to be the element that 'dates' the jacket, and so with new cuffs, and maybe waistband, it would probably look more modern :)

     
  • At 1:00 pm, Blogger Piglottie said…

    Gorgeous stitchmarkers! No wonder you haven't blogged lately as you've been so busy. Fetching look great in that colour, and I'm not surprised you fell in love with the Patons yarn - that Berry colour is gorgeous.

     
  • At 6:31 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow, you've been busy!! So much to see, your stitch markers look great, good luck with the shop!

    Funky sticky watch, never seen anything like that, really cool!

    I love how your top is coming along, looks so pretty... but... I'm not sure how you can rescue the jacket... it does look VERY Eighties, which is no bad thing if you go for "retro" style. Curious to see what you do with it.

    xx

     
  • At 1:15 am, Blogger dreamcatcher said…

    I like the stitchmarkers, especially the Clapotis set, now that is inspired and very practical :-) I spent ages building up enough and still didn't have the number required when I knitted my first Clap.

    Great news on your "kniting student", I love to hear when people are so enthused they do things like take the knitting to bed with them!

     
  • At 10:07 am, Blogger Woolly Wormhead said…

    You'll find more and more Hazel, that as you set up you e-shop you'll have less time to browse blogs and generally have a life! Honestly, sometimes it does my head in! Part of me sometimes regrets this, as I feel I'm missing out..

    And I'm exactly the same, always knitting larger garments and never wearing them!

    Agreed about the cuffs I'm afraid, but that was the style back then. You unpick from the bottom up y'know, I've done it, and reknit them looser or change the cuff completely?

     
  • At 9:56 am, Blogger MandellaUK said…

    What a lovely, full post you treated us to.

    The fingerless gloves are gorgeous, as is the pin. Lucky swap partner!

    I think you can get away with the jacket, as it seems quite classic in shape, and the pin enhances it beautifully and makes it quite individual.

    I'm interested to see that you've bought the Patons Spirit. If I wasn't on a yarn diet (can't be sewing and acquring yarn at the same time) I'd be buying it too. Patons haven'g come out with anything I've liked for ages, but Spirit is a really atrractive yarn.

     
  • At 11:06 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh, what an amazing lot of goodies you had to show this time - this is really a feast for the eyes! First of all, I really love how your Fetchings turned out, they're gorgeous! And your stitchmarkers and the pin, beautiful! As for your jacket, I also find it classy and elegant but - as seahorse mentioned - I'd also not be too happy with the tight cuffs.
    Good luck with the shop!

     
  • At 1:02 am, Blogger Dropstitchknitter said…

    Wonderful Pin and markers - good luck with your shop!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home