KnitYoga

All rights are reserved on all images and text on this blog.

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Rapunzel


Thanks for all the info on the new magazines. Looking forward very much to the new ones but, knowing me, I'll probably end up buying all four UK magazines anyway just in case I miss something. LOL

Well, I had a few things to show you but Blogger wasn't being very friendly again and I had to really beg for just one itsy bitsy little picture!

Rapunzel from Patons 'A Princess Tale' booklet
Yarn: Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino

"Rapunzel, Rapunzel, let down your hair!" I used to love that fairy tale as a child. Just the thought of a girl with such long hair that it could reach right down to the ground from the tower was fascinating. I must admit though I did wonder how painful it would be for Rapunzel to have someone clutching on to her tresses as they climbed up and how strong the roots of her hair would need to be to actually withstand the stress. In reality, the situation would probably be much less romantic, the end result being a bald Rapunzel with hair pulled out at the roots and the climber with a broken neck on the ground below still clutching her locks and bits of scalp. Yuk. Anyway, yes, the Rapunzel baby cardi is finished! Heidi, the details of the pattern are above.

Knitnana was looking forward to a sneak preview of her prize for my first Blogiversary competition but I wasn't able to upload the photo. Sorry! I'll try again later. She chose a shawl pin in turquoise and browns which is now winging its way across the pond.

As for my eShop, Cherry, it turns out it was at least workable after all. A big thanks to Sharon from Maidstone Knitters who has been an absolute star and has helped me so much in pulling it together. Although it's true that the template is unable to be customised, it wasn't quite true that I couldn't have a shop name displayed. We're still working on it but it should be up and running in about a week. The templates available are not very prepossessing and, believe it or not, of the garish colours available, yellow was the least evil!

'Til later . . . . .

9 Comments:

  • At 1:09 pm, Blogger Rain said…

    Mwahahaha! I can't say I ever put that much thought into Rapunzel whan I was little, but was quite disturbed at the scratching out of eyes bit. The cardigan is adorable.

    I'm so glad you managed to get the shop site workable. I look forward to seeing it up and running.

     
  • At 1:15 pm, Blogger MissLucy said…

    rapunzel I beautiful.Maybe I should knit something like that for my 2 yr old - she's absolutely obsessed with butterflies. Looking forward to shopping in your shop!

     
  • At 1:32 pm, Blogger Seahorse said…

    Lol! I always thought it must have been a bit uncomforatble for Rapunzel as well, though I don't recall ever processing the thought as far as broken necks and missing bits of scalp :X lol!!!

    Glad the shop thing is looking up.

     
  • At 2:07 pm, Blogger CelticCastOn said…

    Good greif woman I'd be having nightmares about Rapunzel if I had a mind like yours. Rapunzel is absolutely beautiful, thats one lucky little girl!

     
  • At 2:41 pm, Blogger Hellbelle said…

    Your Rapunzel is beautiful! When I was little, we had a storybook with a picture of Rapunzel in her tower, letting down her hair. That Rapunzel was quite clever and wrapped her hair around a bedpost so her folicles were safe!

    Good luck with the shop :)

     
  • At 6:40 pm, Blogger acrylik said…

    Rapunzel is divine!

    So glad to hear that your shop is progressing, looking forward to seeing the grand opening :)

     
  • At 6:46 pm, Blogger dreamcatcher said…

    Rapunzel is so very pretty, and the ribbon just finishes it off to perfection :-) Makes you want an adult-sized version!

     
  • At 11:14 pm, Blogger Badger said…

    Rapunzel looks lovely, and you've described exactly how I felt about the fairytale - I used to imagine the most beautiful hair and Rapunzel being in agony whilst people climbed up it!

    Glad the shop is working out.

     
  • At 8:58 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Aw, that's pretty pretty!!

    Glad to hear it's not all bad news with the shop, looking forward to seeing it up and running! Good luck xx

     

Post a Comment

<< Home