KnitYoga

All rights are reserved on all images and text on this blog.

Friday, August 11, 2006

Not Depending on Blogger


Okay, I've solved the problem with the photo posting at least temporarily. I didn't like using Flickr to upload photos because the small size that Flickr automatically creates is too small for my liking and the next size up (medium) is so large that it throws the sidebar out. I like to use the large size that Blogger provides so would like something roughly equivalent from Flickr.

WRISTWARMERS AND HANDMADE JEWELLERY

So, what I've done is grab hold of the html of the photo above from Flickr but changed the sizing by substituting what was there for width 375 and height 250 which seems to work fairly well. Okay, if it was a portrait photo as opposed to landscape, the width and height would be transposed but I'm going to try it for a while and at least it's an option in future when Blogger decides to go on strike.

For those who have a Flickr account and also aren't happy with the small size photo created by Flickr but aren't sure how to do this, this is what to do. Just click on the photo in Flickr that you want to blog and you'll see 'available sizes' above it. Click on small or medium (doesn't matter which as you're going to change the size). Scroll down and copy the html, then go to Blogger and paste the html into your post. After that you just need to change the height and width within the html to those that you prefer. Some people use the 'Blog This' button but I'm not sure you can change the sizing this way. I'm also not exactly sure how to centre the photo rather than have it left aligned as it is now.

So, after all that, I'd better explain what's in the photo. There are the Fetching fingerless gloves in Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran which I'm knitting for my One Skein Secret Pal and a couple of pieces of handmade jewellery I've made for myself. The necklace is just strung on nylon thread and the bracelet is crocheted with wire and beads added.

EDIT: Solved the problem of getting the photos centred. Just need to add: style="display: block; text-align: center" to the html text after img.

14 Comments:

  • At 10:50 pm, Blogger MandellaUK said…

    I have a few posts to catch up on! The Rapunzel jacket is absolutely beautiful and the latest jewellery is lovely.

     
  • At 4:33 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Everything looks great. I love the bracelet. Is it quiet sturdy? The one I did from a kit wasn't so good as it got totaly contorted when I was wearing it.

     
  • At 7:31 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Love the bracelet..I have worse trouble with blogger ,it blacks out my original blog all the time so I had to set up a new one. I use Picassa to load pictures which seems to work .

     
  • At 11:31 am, Blogger Rain said…

    Fetching look great so far, lovely colour.

    The jewellery is gorgeous, especially the bracelet.

     
  • At 12:32 pm, Blogger acrylik said…

    The gloves are loking beautiful and I especially love the bracelet.

     
  • At 2:12 pm, Blogger CelticCastOn said…

    ohhhh thats my favourite colour right now, of yarn that is :) They are going to be FABBBBBBBBBB!
    Glad you made something for yourself as well :)

     
  • At 2:46 pm, Blogger dreamcatcher said…

    I love that shade of green, Fetching is most definitely on my to-do list. The jewellery looks lovely, the bracelet is so delicate. I also love the pin you have made for KnitNana :-)

     
  • At 5:29 pm, Blogger KnitYoga said…

    Thanks, all! Silvia, the bracelet is a bit sturdier than the kit ones as the kit ones are usually in 34 gauge wire and the one I made was in 28 gauge. The lower the gauge number, the thicker the wire. You can get 28 gauge in Hobbycraft and other shops that sell craft supplies. Hobbycraft have it in six different colours - copper, purple, blue, red, green, and black.

     
  • At 9:03 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Fetching is looking very pretty, I'm thinking of making myself a pair.

    At the risk of repeating myself, your creations are always gorgeous! :) x

     
  • At 1:05 am, Blogger Nana Sadie said…

    oh...lovely! the mitts are wonderful, the beaded cuff is gorgeous!
    (but the prettiest thing you've made yet is photo'd on my blog!)
    Thank you so much, the frogs and the shawl pin arrived today! What a delight!
    (((hugs)))

     
  • At 2:12 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The fetching fingerless gloves are really lovely, and I absolutely adore the pin in the previous post!

     
  • At 10:53 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yep, Flickr is perfect when Blogger isn't working! Such goodies on that pic - your Fetchings are going to look great - I'm planning to start them as well soon, the pattern is just so lovely! And I adore the bracelet!

     
  • At 2:47 pm, Blogger Piglottie said…

    Jewellery is lovely, especially like the crochet bracelet. I keep thinking about knitting Fetching but someone at our knitting group made them and they seemed quite small. Did you find them like this, or maybe I've just got big hand!?!

     
  • At 11:17 pm, Blogger Unknown said…

    Those fingerless gloves look great, I've been eyeing that pattern so it is nice to see "the real thing" so to speak.

    The beading is lovely, I love the bracelet.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home