KnitYoga

All rights are reserved on all images and text on this blog.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Illegitimi non carborundum . . .


. . . .otherwise known as don't let the b......s grind you down! Thanks for all the advice and commiserations on my 1and1 experience both via comments to my blog entry and email. It's really great to be part of such a supportive community. I am pursuing various avenues including our credit card company to try to get out of this unfair agreement. Can an eShop which is incapable of even displaying a logo or company name be "fit for purpose"? It's really put me off and knocked my confidence back big time but I'm not going to let it beat me.

I'm already starting to get enquiries about the handmade items in my gallery which can be found here and I've sold my first set of stitchmarkers! Knitnana gave me a great idea. Thanks, knitnana! You see, she really loved the colours of the choc ice choker but doesn't do chokers, hence I'll be custom making the shawl pin that she chose as her prize for winning my Blogiversary competition in these colours. So, if you don't see what you want, colourwise or stylewise, just contact me and I'll see what I can do.

I will look into other ways of getting my shop up and running but, in the meantime, if anyone is interested in any of the jewellery or stitchmarkers, please get in touch with me. Over the next week, I'll be adding quite a few more items including adding to the range of stitchmarkers which can be ordered in any size required right up to 15mm.

Can I pick your brains? One suggestion was that I could start a blog just to showcase my items and add a price and Paypal link for each one of them. I could then put a link in the sidebar of this blog to "my shop" blog. At least it would be a temporary solution. Is this a good idea? Can anyone think of any reasons why this shouldn't work in the short term?

Amidst all the kerfuffle, I finished the edging on the Rapunzel baby cardi.

Click on photo to enlarge

The ribbon for slotting through the eyelets and the buttons have been bought and it now just needs sewing up and a final blocking.

10 Comments:

  • At 8:48 am, Blogger Wye Sue said…

    Sorry cant help with the selling... but the baby cardi is great... oh no, no something else I *need* to make ;-)

     
  • At 9:17 am, Blogger ~Silvia~ said…

    To start with it would be a good Idea but would i think of course be limited to bloggers but I am sure to begin with it be okay and would be a start. I read your post about 1and1.These sites that offer 'free pagebuilders' are never that good as for your maoney you get the cheapest first and if you want more you need to pay for it. of course I am to late now with my wisdom!! Why don't you just buy a Domain and build it up from scratch. My host costs me £40( thats the cheapest) a year per Site and i get everything i want.I have 3 sites with them plus one sleeper. They do have scripts and things for a propper e Commerce site as well I just don't bother with it. No adverts and you get a bit of help. And believe me it realy isn't all that hard to build a Site..if I can do it anybody can.
    I build all my sites myself (apart from my Blog had help with that)including my Daughters.

     
  • At 10:02 am, Blogger Seahorse said…

    Rapunzel is gorgeous!

    What a pain about 1and1! I think the blog idea would work and I've also heard good things about Etsy shops, though I really don't know any details.

     
  • At 11:38 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Rapunzel is sooooo gorgeous!! :) xx

     
  • At 2:29 pm, Blogger CelticCastOn said…

    I'd definately suggest Esty, I know a few people that sell that way but I also don't see why making your own page wouldn't also work. I guess you'd get more people looking through esty but its your choice.
    Now about that Rapunzel, what pattern is that?? Its toooo friggin cute, do you think it would fit me???? :)

     
  • At 6:56 pm, Blogger Mary-Lou said…

    Could also try eBay? - the "buy it now" fixed price type of selling, I'm thinking, rather than auctioning as such

     
  • At 8:02 pm, Blogger T said…

    Selling on the blog would be fine but as others have said would only get to a limited audience. We could all advertise you though!

    Rapunzel is just the prettiest little thing.

     
  • At 8:24 pm, Blogger Rain said…

    Rapunzel is adorable.

    Regarding selling via a blog check blogger's terms of use just in case they disallow commercial use. I know people like Wendy - Knit and Tonic successfully sell via blogs, but I think they tend to be on a typepad (paid for) blog.

    I do hope you can sort something out with 1and1, I'm disgusted with their policy.

    Do contact trading standards, they may be able to offer advice if not direct help.

     
  • At 1:23 pm, Blogger Craftydramaqueen said…

    Love the baby jacket. Glad to see you're keeping your chin up!

     
  • At 11:17 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This is a very butiful cardigan. I have not seen this pattern anywhere in Norway. Can you tell me where I can find this pattern?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home