KnitYoga

All rights are reserved on all images and text on this blog.

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Frog me Not!


I've been looking at the different ways to make stitch markers including Lixie's method in the kits she sells and have made my first set - the "Frog Me Not" stitch markers!


These are 'good' frog charms and not the evil frogs that cause the frogging of one's knitting. I'll give you three guesses as to which blogger's going to receive these as a pressie??

Other stuff I've been up to includes hitting the sales at John Lewis, getting on with the Beaded Lace Scarf (I'm now over half way) and making another necklace "Jet Black".


It looks quite dramatic, I think, against a plain white background! Although not obvious from the photo, the beads are in three sizes with two large ones either side of the Celtic cross graduating outwards through medium to the smaller size.


They're not real jet beads of course but next time we go to Whitby, DH has promised to buy me a piece of genuine Whitby jet jewellery from here. They've got some lovely pieces.

I've also been concentrating on making one or two bracelets for children suitable to go into the little bags I knitted for the charity craft fair.


Just el cheapo plastic beads from Hobbycraft but okay I think for their purpose.

10 Comments:

  • At 1:50 pm, Blogger Craftydramaqueen said…

    You have been busy. The scarf is amazing! I love the froggy stitch markers too.

     
  • At 5:22 pm, Blogger dreamcatcher said…

    I love those froggy stitch markers, I think I can guess who they are going to :-)

    The "jet" necklace is lovely, very dramatic. By coincidence we are going to Whitby this week during our holiday, and DH is going to buy me a piece of jet jewellery :-) Thanks for the catalogue link, I'm off to have a browse!

     
  • At 7:30 pm, Blogger Rain said…

    You have such an eye for jewellery making. It's all so pretty. Jet Black is very striking. The bracelet is really sweet and I'm sure they'll be popular at the craft fair.

    There are no prizes for guessing how fantastic I think the frog stitch markers are.

     
  • At 8:30 pm, Blogger T said…

    As soon as I saw them I thought of Rain :) Your work is beautiful as always, jewellery AND knitting.

     
  • At 1:46 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You're so industrious! The necklace is gorgeous and the bracelet really cute. And the frog stitch markers are just wonderful.

     
  • At 8:11 am, Blogger Angie said…

    Special thanks for your kindness Hazel. Looks like we both hit the John Lewis sales ,I got lots of alpaca-silk and some astrakhan .

     
  • At 7:07 pm, Blogger Unknown said…

    Love the frogs and the scarf. beautiful colour and stitch work.

     
  • At 8:07 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Love everything in your post, the necklace is especially stunning! x

     
  • At 10:12 pm, Blogger acrylik said…

    The frog stitchmarkers are great, just perfect for Rain!

    Your beaded scarf is coming along beautifully, I am in awe!

    I really love the celtic necklace, it's very striking. The bracelet looks fantastic too, I can see them flying out of the door at the charity fair.

     
  • At 6:12 pm, Blogger Daisy said…

    Those froggy stitch markers are excellent!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home