KnitYoga

All rights are reserved on all images and text on this blog.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

There's just something about Brighton!


On Monday I was feeling well enough again to look forward to a trip to Brighton. I forgot to take my camera which was a bit annoying but we had a really nice time despite the weather.

Part of our time was taken up with Brighton shopping and the first port of call was the Brighton Bead Shop on Sydney Street where I bought a selection of beads with the Goth theme in mind. I also bought some pendants some of which are shown below including some pentagons and some Celtic crosses.


Second from the left is a blacklip shell pendant which the girl said was listed as being called "macabre". I just had to buy it with a name like that! LOL The pendant on the extreme right is a bit like a light catcher - it goes through all the colours of the spectrum as you turn it this way and that. Hopefully, I shall have a wonderfully creative time putting some pieces together with my new supplies.

We had a look in the rock shop (can't remember the exact name but the one just over the road from the Bead Shop that sells crystals). I was looking for a piece of aventurine that was already smoothed with a hole in it to make a special piece for a friend as it's her birthstone but unfortunately the only piece they had for sale was far too big for what I wanted.

A nearby cafe supplied us with a couple of cappucinos and, despite the fact that I've been cutting down for the last two weeks and have lost four pounds, I got the shakes just reading the description of the chocolate brownie dessert and I'm afraid to say I succumbed and it was everything it promised to be and more. Think thick chocolate sauce at the bottom of a tall sundae glass. Then warm pieces of chocolate brownie melting a mixture of chocolate and vanilla ice cream and the whole lot topped with cream and a cherry! I've been good ever since though!

At Bell, Book and Candle I bought a CD, Samsara, which is lovely (you can listen to samples of the tracks here if you're interested); a copy of the Tibetan Book of the Dead which I've wanted to read for ages but never got around to until now and several other bits and pieces. What can I say? I'm a sucker for this type of shop.

A shop around the corner yielded a plain black fan which will have something creative done with it. In that shop they were selling worry dolls. Apparently, you have to meditate on your worries whilst holding the doll and then put it under your pillow at night and the doll will take all your worries away. Before you ask, no, I didn't buy one.

At yet another shop, there were all sorts of interesting bits and pieces but the thing I was most interested in were the cats. The first, a ginger tabby, I almost mistook for one of those pretend 'ship's cats' that they sell in some shops. It was nestled amongst the shop's display snoozing away without even the quiver of a whisker. It was the second cat that was the most interesting though. This cat, I have to say, was the most beautiful, striking cat I've ever seen - the softest, shiniest champagne coloured fur and blue, blue eyes. I was really surprised when the girl in the shop told me that the ginger tabby was this cat's mother. Apparently, it's suspected that he(the champagne coloured one) has a Persian father.

There's just something about Brighton, isn't there? Now the weather's improved, I'd like to visit again soon.

7 Comments:

  • At 10:21 am, Blogger Rain said…

    You've just made me want cake! It sounds delicious.

    The pendants are all gorgeous. I love plaves like that with interesting shops.

     
  • At 1:10 pm, Blogger T said…

    You shouldn't have described that pudding you naughty woman! *drools*
    Love the pendants. You're getting into this jewellery making in a big way now :)

     
  • At 2:22 pm, Blogger Seahorse said…

    I'm trying really hard not to go look in the fridge now! Lol! Brighton does sound lovely. We have relatives down that way, so I may get to visit one day!

     
  • At 11:47 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ah... brownies... mmm... Sounds like you had a lovely day in Brighton (sigh sigh!), did you get a chance to pop in C&H Fabrics at all?

    x

     
  • At 12:23 pm, Blogger acrylik said…

    Sounds like a wonderful trip, I love the pendants. All the shops you have described sound just like my kind of place - one day I shall make it all the way down to Brighton!

    *goes away to dream about that pudding*

     
  • At 1:43 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Glad you're feeling a bit better, hope your recovery continues quickly. Those pendants are sooo pretty.

     
  • At 5:35 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love Brighton too... very much enjoy the ecclecticness of it, the food and the shopping.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home