KnitYoga

All rights are reserved on all images and text on this blog.

Monday, May 29, 2006

WWKIP Day Tee Shirts


DH and I spent part of today trying out the transfer for the WWKIP Day Tee Shirts.


The logo was available at the WWKIP Day site so we didn't need to do any designing. The W H Smith transfers, however, proved to be a disappointment. It wasn't clear from the packet that they're the sort of transfers that are ironed on just like a patch when what we really wanted were the ones where the design is actually imprinted on to the material. We have, however, managed to source some Canon transfers which are exactly what we want. The tee shirt that's been transferred with the W H Smith transfer will do as a spare for the day for anyone who needs a tee shirt at the last minute. Don't worry, Mary Lou, the one that's been done isn't the one you gave me! It's one that I bought from QS for myself and yours will have one of the Canon transfers.

Here are the very large needles that I'll, hopefully, be using to knit an i-cord scarf with on the day.


I'm getting quite nifty with the backwards knitting now though I must admit I've been practicing on normal size needles initially!

What are others doing for WWKIP Day? If you haven't got anything planned yet, click on the "Show Your Sticks 2006" link in my sidebar for an audio clip that may or may not get you in the mood!

Update: Just realised that saying that I'll be using the gigantic needles to knit an i-cord scarf might sound a bit strange!!! An i-cord scarf would definitely be what one would call a SKINNY scarf, would it not? hehe What I really meant, just in case there's any doubt whatsoever, is that I'll be making a ball of i-cord to knit with on the gigantic needles to make a scarf. Perhaps it was obvious, anyway. "Yeah, don't call us, we'll call you", I hear you say. Okay, I'm going now . . . . .

10 Comments:

  • At 9:41 am, Blogger Rain said…

    Blimey! Look at those needles. It sounds like you're going to have a fantastic time.

     
  • At 2:49 pm, Blogger Seahorse said…

    Wow! I hope you'll get someone to take a pic of you with those needles in action on the day!

     
  • At 6:42 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    those are HUGE needles!

     
  • At 10:00 pm, Blogger Craftydramaqueen said…

    I read your comment on Acrylik. The Craft Festival was in Spennymoor Town Hall. See pics on my blog: craftydramaqueen.blogspot.com
    I didn't know you were from Spenny. I've only lived here 8 years, since I got married to a Spenny lad!

     
  • At 2:16 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    A HUGE PUBLIC THANK YOU for sponsoring me :) Sorry I haven't written earlier, but the notification email got buried and have only just found it.

    You're so generous and kind, I really appreciate your support - thankssss!

    xxx

     
  • At 2:57 pm, Blogger acrylik said…

    Wow, the T-shirt looks good, and I can't believe the size of those needles! Have you been weight training in preparation?! ;)

    I see craftydramaqueen has answered your question that you left on my blog (ta cdq! I'm late as usual!) - we had a great day and it was a good venue. You'll certainly have to let us know when you're up this way next.

     
  • At 4:27 pm, Blogger T said…

    You've been busy! Love the t-shirts, despite the WHS stuff not being the thing. And the needles! We aren't doing it in the end as this stoopid town just isn't right AND it's Carnival Day which makes a lot of our ideas unworkable.

     
  • At 9:19 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    wow, i love the giant needles. and the wwkip-t-shirts are great! i organized a picknick in the tiergarten, a huge park in the middle of berlin, but we are only a few knitters here who do have some understanding of the whole event. some of my knitting-group-member were not amused, complaining about knitting whilst sitting on the floor.... well, well....
    as always i'm so impressed about your out put of knitting, and anything else you're involved with. (even if i do not comment, i'm a regular reader!!!! :-)))
    i'm terribly busy at work (world cup!!!) and i have to steel the time to get some knitting done!
    is it as cold over there in britain as it is here?????
    have a lovely thursday
    sabine

     
  • At 10:33 am, Blogger KnitYoga said…

    Thanks to all for your comments.

    Seahorse: I'm sure there will be photos of us knitting on the day. I'm hoping that I'm not going to be the only one with gigantic needles!!!

    Craftydramaqueen Thanks for the heads up on the craft fair venue. Brings on a certain feeling of nostalgia to hear Spennymoor referred to as Spenny! :-)

    Annarella: It's all in a good cause. Well done you for taking on the Race for Life!

    Acrylik: Nope. No weight training! :-) The way the needles are used are that the ends touch the floor so you're not holding them as you would ordinary needles. They would be much too difficult to manipulate like that. When you come to the end of a row, you then just knit backwards so that you don't have to turn the work around. I'm hoping that I'll be proficient by the day though I must confess I haven't even tried yet - I've just been practicing the backwards knitting with ordinary knitting needles.

    I'll definitely let you know when I'm coming up to the north east next. It'll be great to meet you and other north east knitters. :-)


    Nanatoo: We're having problems sorting out a definite venue, too. I'm determined we'll do it somewhere though!

    Sabine: Your knitting picnic in the park sounds great! Good luck with it. The weather here has been terrible too but, apparently, that is about to change and we can now look forward to some sun! :-)

     
  • At 12:07 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow, these needles rock, and so does the T-Shirt! I hope you're going to have a brillant day, and naturally I'm looking forward to seeing a lot of pics then! :) Have fun!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home