KnitYoga

All rights are reserved on all images and text on this blog.

Sunday, April 16, 2006

FFF and Project Spectrum Easter Eggs


FFF - no, not Filati whatchamacallit type yarn - what I mean is Fickle Fingers Finished. Voila!


"Fickle fingers" because each finger on the edges of the scarf can't decide which colour it wants to be. I love this Zitron Ethno yarn that my secret pal gifted to me. The colours remind me of wax crayons. The pattern is from Interweave Knits (Winter 2005) but, if you ever decide to knit it, be warned that it actually takes three balls of the Ethno and not two as the pattern states.

Watch this space for photos of more finished objects in the next few days as I'm a gnat's whisker away from finishing the Noro jumper and the DB lacy scarf! In the meantime, here are my Project Spectrum Easter eggs dyed orange and yellow which are April's colours.


I'm really looking forward to being a granny, you know. Why? Because I just love playing - e.g. stuff like I did today - dyeing Easter eggs and it would be even better if I could have a little person or two having fun with me. My great niece and nephew live too far away to see them very often so I'd like my grandchildren to live nearer otherwise I'd just have to borrow them for a few days now and then, spoil them rotten and then give them back to their parents to face the consequences. Haha!

I couldn't be bothered with loads and loads of onion skins, etc, so was lazy and used food colouring (yellow and red mixed for the orange). Little bits of masking tape are stuck on to make the patterns and then the eggs are dipped one by one in a cup of water to which the colouring and a teaspoonful of white vinegar have been added. Once the eggs are dry, the masking tape is removed. They stlll need oiling to make them look shiny but I wanted to take photos before it got too dark.

Here's my new friend, Spike, admiring them.


Unlike the bears here, who do nothing more than compete with one another as to who can look the cutest, Spike is actually a grafter in that he does a job of work. His job title is doorstop. Sadly, Spike will not be laying claim to any of the eggs as they are being kept as one of the dishes for our buffet lunch with friends tomorrow. Sorry, Spike!

Whether you celebrate Easter or not, hope you're all having a great break.

8 Comments:

  • At 7:35 pm, Blogger Daisy said…

    Happy Easter Spike! I think you deserve an egg.

     
  • At 7:43 pm, Blogger T said…

    I was looking forward to the FF and it's lovely. Smashing colours.

    Spike is too sweet :)

    I wish you lived nearer as you could play with my small person. She would be in heaven!

     
  • At 7:55 pm, Blogger Rain said…

    The scarf is gorgeous. It's one of thise things that you'd wear and just sit and play with. It looks very pettable.

    The eggs look good too. It's good to know you're not afraid to play whether you have small people or not.

    Anyway small people are a worry. Nephew #3 broke his arm today, he's only just 8 so quite disturbed.

     
  • At 1:18 am, Blogger dreamcatcher said…

    The scarf is beautiful, what a lovely colourway :-)

     
  • At 8:11 am, Blogger Seahorse said…

    Love the scarf! The egg dyeing is really effective.

     
  • At 11:23 pm, Blogger acrylik said…

    The scarf is beautiful, what a wonderful colour of yarn.

    I loved seeing the dyed eggs, it is such a long time since I did that, I shall have to play again with that idea - hadn't thought about masking areas off before.

    Greetings to Spike!

     
  • At 9:34 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The scarf is lovely, I was so looking forward to seeing it finished, and it looks beautiful. :)

     
  • At 3:16 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    that scarf is simply lovely! I have always admired it so nice to see one made up.

    Those eggs look great too. Yay for play!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home