KnitYoga

All rights are reserved on all images and text on this blog.

Monday, February 13, 2006

The State of Play


After a very dodgy start, this was the state of play when I went to bed last night.


Just over eight inches of the centre of the shawl. Bear in mind that the Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino I'm using has a tension of 25sts/34 rows to 10cm on a 3.25mm needle which is what I'm using. This makes it equivalent to 4ply. Also, it's a lacy pattern which makes it slower to work than stocking stitch, etc. This is the mantra I repeat to myself to keep me going because I haven't used up as much of the yarn as I should have done by this time. Having said that, I only did four rows on Friday night. Most of Saturday was spent on shopping and attending Maidstone Knitters where I did no Olympic Knitting whatsoever but stuck to a good old stocking stitch Noro sweater so that I could relax and chat without worrying about making mistakes.

Well, the pattern states work the shawl centre until it measures 17" in length! That means the centre's almost half done!! I've now been able to give up the stitchmarkers I resorted to because I've got used to the pattern which speeds things up no end.

I CAN DO IT . . . . . Can't I????????????????????

10 Comments:

  • At 11:55 am, Blogger MissLucy said…

    Of course you can do it! You have made great progress already.

     
  • At 12:56 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    you are going gret guns. You are a much faster knitter than I am! Looks great!

     
  • At 2:12 pm, Blogger Frankie said…

    Good luck!
    (Don't want to distract you, but I'd love to see the Noro sweater too...)

     
  • At 4:15 pm, Blogger Rain said…

    It's looking good so far.

    It's a really pretty stitch and a lovely colour.

     
  • At 4:24 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    of course you can do it!!! i'll keep my fingers crossed!!!!!!!
    i'm having an olympic of my own...will tell you later. i owe youa very long e-mail....it'll come... :-)))
    your
    secret pal

     
  • At 6:42 pm, Blogger Minnieknits said…

    I have complete faith in you (that and I've bet good money on you ! lol). Keep repeating that mantra!

     
  • At 7:26 pm, Blogger Spinningsue said…

    Go Hazel, go Hazel, go, go, GO!!

     
  • At 10:35 pm, Blogger Wye Sue said…

    Of course you can finish it, dont panic and remember to take breaks :-)
    Looks a wonderful pattern, is it baby or mother that is going to be pretty in pink ?

     
  • At 10:05 am, Blogger MandellaUK said…

    YES YOU CAN!

    You're doing really well, now you've got the pattern down that centre should fly. Bet you finish it tonight or tomorrow. Plus, working with that yarn on such a lovely piece must be divine.

     
  • At 1:30 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You're doing absolutely great! I'm so impressed by your progress, in fact I'm pretty sure you'll finish with plenty of time to spare - the shawl is looking so pretty! Can't wait to see it finished :) xxx

    PS: Tnx for your lovely email the other day, you really cheered me up - will reply asap xx

     

Post a Comment

<< Home