KnitYoga

All rights are reserved on all images and text on this blog.

Sunday, December 04, 2005

Finished Objects and a Pressie!


After winning the runner up prize on the KnitSpeak competition, Tari insisted that she wanted to send me a little something. "As long it's teeny weeny", I said, and she agreed. Well, pictured on the left is what I received. A beautifully wrapped package and a very nice card made by Amnesty International.

On the right is what I found inside when I opened the package. Inside were two balls of the most gorgeous baby alpaca/silk yarn in one of my favourite shades and a box of mocha chocolates. I think you will agree that there is no way that this could ever be described as teeny weeny! Naughty Tari but, nevertheless, extremely thoughtful and generous. Thank you! I'm afraid to say that the mocha choccie is all gone and very nice, too, but the yarn will have a deservedly long contemplation as to what special thing to turn it into.

Another item in the post was a small ball of silk from the very kind Kerrie of Hip Knits to finish off MIL's clapotis which had been stalled for a while due to me running out of silk for just the last little bit.

Here she is basking in her new found fully created glory and contemplating a glass of Mouton Cadet to celebrate. However, as I strongly suspect clapotis of being a bit of a lush and, as I'm also quite partial to a glass of Mouton Cadet, I quite rightly, I think, refused to open the bottle. MIL has now received her clapotis and I'm assured it meets with her full approval. It was presented to her in a very nice box which I bought for an arm and a leg. She has now promised to show me how she makes her lovely gift boxes and has given me a list of items I'll need from the art department of W H Smith. I'll post here about the instructions and try to photograph it as we go along so that anyone who would also like to learn (and that doesn't include the clever clogs who already know how) can learn along with me.

Also completed this week were two more curly whirlies. The one on the right was made in Louisa Harding's Impression with a Sari Ribbon edging and corsage. The other one (on the left) is my second Floribunda Curly Whirly Cravat, this time in multicoloured sari silk with an edging and corsage in the liqueur shade of Kid Silk Haze. These, along with the original Floribunda are to be shown to Sue so she can choose one (or not as the case may be) as a present for her daughter.




















The sari silk was purchased from this seller. I received excellent service and the sari silk itself is available in several grades and numerous colours. Colourspun also stock what looks like some nice wool, cashmere, and silk yarns as well as roving and vintage patterns. Well worth a look!

The Yuletide gnome is finished as far as knitting is concerned but still awaits stuffing and sewing and I've also completed another item which has to remain secret from this blog for the moment but some of you may know to what I am referring.

DH is still cross stitching the set of four Popcorn Bears but has a more interesting project in the offing. It's a cross stitched fan which will be stitched around an actual fan frame. Now the big question is do any of you crafty people know where DH can buy a fan frame???

Oh, and Anne, I'm not ignoring your tag. I will get around to doing it but not just yet.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:51 pm, Blogger Daisy said…

    OH WOW. That is beautiful beautiful yarn from Tari. Can't wait to see what you're going to turn it into! Also love the clapotis - mine is proving very useful as both a shawl and a scarf!

     
  • At 9:01 pm, Blogger MissLucy said…

    Lovely curly whirlies, and the clapotis looks fabulous. It looks like it got a really nice, heavy drape.

     
  • At 8:05 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You are one lucky gal, you know that right? ;)

    xxx

     

Post a Comment

<< Home