KnitYoga

All rights are reserved on all images and text on this blog.

Sunday, November 13, 2005

Works in Progress


There's nothing to show in the way of finished objects this time - just WIPs. I started the clapotis for MIL in the Hip Knits Silk which was custom dyed to MIL's choice by Kerrie.


I've also made some progress with the Silk Tweed Kasuri Scarf and started on my fifth curly whirly.

This one's going to be crocheted in Rowan Calmer and Sirdar Boa. These two yarns were spotted in C&H yesterday and just seemed to want to be together so I couldn't really buy one without the other. I don't know exactly how this scarf is going to work out. I'm just doing it as it comes. I'm trying to get more into freeforming so when I bought the yarn, apart from the fact that I decided to buy enough to make a CW, I didn't have any detailed plan in mind. I crocheted the amount of chain that felt right and I'm just increasing as and when to get the amount of frill I want. I'm then going to do something with the Boa and possibly a little something else but not sure what yet.

Also, whilst in C&H recently, I saw the most beautiful scarf (not curly whirly) that had been made on a butterfly loom. This prompted me to buy a loom though I haven't had time to have a play with it yet.

Finally, the KnitSpeak competition poll is now open for voting so, if you haven't voted yet and can find the time to do so, please look here. The winner will receive 400g Hip Knits silk custom dyed to their choice of colours by Kerrie.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:00 pm, Blogger Woolly Wormhead said…

    More curly whirlies, Hazel? ;) It's great to see you free-forming and finding you own creativity. And the butterfly looms look interesting.. do let us know how you get on with them, as I've never tried one.

    Have fun! x

     
  • At 3:36 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your clapotis is looking gorgeous Hazel. xx

     
  • At 5:08 pm, Blogger Knitsmith said…

    Hazel, That Clapotis is amazing, what a beautiful yarn I can't wait to see it in person, I'll be interested to see how the butterflies develop, I bet you are being very creative with them.!

    Jan

     

Post a Comment

<< Home