KnitYoga

All rights are reserved on all images and text on this blog.

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Frederick the Literate


Frederick the Literate, cross-stitched by DH, is now finished and has been mounted and framed. Hasn't he done a good job?!!


This isn't a brilliant photo because the glass reflects but you get the idea. We had it framed at King's School Shop in Canterbury pictured below. I love this 17th century building with its crooked door!


DH has now started on a set of four cross stitched Popcorn bears to go with the half knitted bear that I started some time ago. Note the word "some". Hopefully it won't attain UFO status!

Currently on the needles I have MIL's clapotis which is almost finished (photo soon) and a curly whirly in Sirdar Boa (below).


I'm almost half way through another Ruffles, too, (this time in Kid Silk Spray in the Regal colourway) . . . . .


. . . . . and, of course, I still have the Peacock's Pride scarf to finish.

The yarn for the Simply Knitting yuletide gnome arrived today from Mavis Crafts so that will be next on the list. After I've made one, I'll decide if I want to make more following which I'm determined to stop the curly whirliness for a while as I have the yarn for two projects from Louisa Harding's Design Collection.

Aside from all this playing with the pointy sticks, I've been busy with other stuff like really making a hole in my office work. I've also been enjoying watching Shakespeare Retold on BBC1? Has anyone else been following this? Last week it was MacBeth. The kingdom was represented by a restaurant; only two murders took place and the three witches were represented by dustbinmen! Then, last night, it was The Taming of the Shrew. I really enjoyed this one and thought it was a better representation of the actual feel of the play than the others. Kate was depicted as an unattractive, ill-tempered politician whose aspirations included becoming leader of the opposition. The actress (Shirley Henderson) who played Kate portrayed just the right kind of vicious hissing voice and postures. It was quite amusing!

6 Comments:

  • At 2:53 pm, Blogger Daisy said…

    I've got the Frederick the Literate cross stitch in my pile of things to do! I enjoyed the Macbeth last week - liked the witch binmen - but I'm usually out on Mondays so haven't seen the others. :-(

     
  • At 5:20 pm, Blogger Anne said…

    I think I enjoyed the first Shakespeare most (Much Ado) - Macbeth was brilliantly done, but didn't make for comfortable viewing. And I found Kate just a bit too shrewish last night (I know, I know, she's supposed to be) and it took forever (and a visit to imdb.com) to work out that she was Moaning Myrtle.

    I love Frederick the Literate though.

     
  • At 7:27 pm, Blogger Mary-Lou said…

    Loved Taming of the Shrew - giggled uproariously throughout (except for the bits where Emmy needed help with her maths homework - you've never seen a mother explain fractions so fast ever!). Thought Shirley Henderson was fantastic, and amazed at how very masculine Rufus Sewell was in this part, normally think of him as gorgeous but quieter ... definitely my favourite of the series so far

     
  • At 12:39 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm really enjoying the Shakespeare Retold series too. I think the first was my favourite so far, although I did think last night's one showed a different side of Rufus Sewell.

     
  • At 12:24 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh, my god Hazel, this is what I call addiction!! Your Ruffle in KSH is looking yummy :)

     
  • At 3:36 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    addiction - yup!

    Your xmas pud will be posted next week . I got caught up with work, and now am going away... but it is in safe place ;-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home