KnitYoga

All rights are reserved on all images and text on this blog.

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Welcome Pack, Winter Warmer and Louisa's Lovelies!


Look what arrived in the post this morning - the Mid Kent Knit 'n' Natter's Welcome Pack from Laughing Hen's Knit Clubs. The contents are very generous. There is a whole 500g pack of Debbie Bliss Merino Chunky as well as a ball each of Kid Silk Haze, Rowan Spray and Artesano Alpaca! The alpaca is luxuriously soft and extremely strokeworthy and the different yarns will offer the opportunity for us to see/feel/knit yarns we haven't seen/felt/knitted before. Also included are a couple of pattern books (Debbie Bliss and Colinette) and lots of shade cards which are sure to come in useful. I can't wait to deliver them to the Knit 'n' Natter next Wednesday so that everyone else can admire them, too! On top of all this, Laughing Hens give their Knit Club members 10% off all purchases over £100 and give details of our club to anyone in our area who expresses an interest thereby spreading the word! A very big thank you from us all to Laughing Hens!


Last night, whilst watching TV, I made a hat in Noro Iro to keep DH's lugs warm on his walk home from the railway station on cold winter evenings. It was a really quick knit! The yarn he chose originally for this project was some DK from Web of Wool but the Web of Wool pattern turned out to be a four cornered hat and I couldn't see DH agreeing to wear that! I suggested that I initially make him a hat out of the Iro and then another hat later from the Web of Wool yarn. He seems to have taken quite a fancy to the Iro.


It's the first time I've used Noro and I really love it. I have another three skeins of Iro (one in the same colourway as the hat and two in another colourway) which are destined to become Edgars.

Also planned are two projects in the new Louisa Harding yarn range. I bought both pattern books and enough yarn for two projects from the Yarn House at Caterham on the Hill last Thursday before the food bug symptoms kicked in properly. I've been putting off taking photos of this yarn or acknowledging that I actually bought it as I am definitely feeling more than a bit guilty about being tempted into buying more yarn. Funny thing is that, although I did feel a bit queazy after the meal on Wednesday, it wasn't until after buying the yarn on Thursday that the symptoms started to worsen. Was it the food bug or was it the guilt bug?!! Anyway, Ally Pally still beckons so, for now, those nasty niggling feelings of guilt will be suppressed. It makes sense to save them all up until after Ally Pally and deal with them all together . . . in one fall swoop.

Going back to the lovely new Louisa Harding yarn collection, with the little bit I collected (some of which is pictured below) . . . . .








. . . . . I plan on knitting Orchiz in silver olive Sari Ribbon . . . . .















. . . . . and the Button Wrap in red Impression and petal Sari Ribbon.

The Yarn House is a fantastic little shop and not that far to drive from where I live. The lady who runs it is very friendly and helpful and I was even given a card with eight points on it with the explanation that, once I have twenty points, I'll be entitled to 10% discount!





There's also that yarn shop called the Wool Pen at Singleton that Amanda told me about which sounds very interesting and especially so since I've been invited to have coffee with Amanda if she's around when I visit. Must assuage some of those guilty feelings before I buy any more luxury yarn though!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home