KnitYoga

All rights are reserved on all images and text on this blog.

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Peacock's Pride


Last night I had another play with the silk tweed kasuri and have finally decided on a pattern. I've gone for a less open pattern on a smaller diameter needle in the end. It's Peacock's Pride from Lavish Lace.


Peacock's Pride is based on an old aran lace pattern of opening fans reminiscent of peacocks' tails and a twist stitch interlacement has been added for extra texture. I think the gorgeous colours in the silk tweed kasuri definitely fit the *peacock* bill. The yarn is very fine so it will be a lovely light scarf to wear for more dressy occasions (not that I get too many of them!!)

I've just added this project to my "On the Needles" photo album and been reminded, yet again, that there are two projects that seem to be dawdling in there whilst others are completed and transferred to the "Completed Projects" gallery! So, the question is was it a good thing or a bad thing to set up these photo galleries and, in particular, the "On the Needles" one? The answer is probably 'good' because I'm reminded of WIPs but, also, 'bad' because maybe there are certain things I would rather forget about like the dreaded Dune mini poncho thing!

6 Comments:

  • At 3:05 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think this is the perfect pattern for these colors, it is just a beautiful start :)

     
  • At 3:15 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The pattern looks wonderful and should make a beautiful scarf. Thanks for the link to the book, it's one I've had my eye on but you've made my mind up for me - I have to have it!

     
  • At 5:14 pm, Blogger Daisy said…

    That looks so beautiful!

     
  • At 9:01 pm, Blogger MissLucy said…

    That's a wondeful combination of pattern and colour. They are just perfectly suited for each other.

     
  • At 10:56 pm, Blogger Liz said…

    That is gorgeous - just the right combination of openness and texture... I deliberately avoided Habu at Ally Pally but will have to look at Harrogate - that's wonderful stuff...

    Liz

     
  • At 9:14 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nice project - it is a bit uncomfortable to examine ones w.i.p.s, but a good thing. I plan to dislodge some things from needles this month... but will I succeed....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home