KnitYoga

All rights are reserved on all images and text on this blog.

Sunday, September 18, 2005

Hot Off The Needles - Birch


Here is Birch - hot off the needles and, boy, am I glad! I got very bored towards the end. The pattern was no longer a challenge and I'm fed up with the sight of Dewberry Kid Silk Haze after making River in the same colour. She looks a little shabby pre-blocking but I'm hoping that, when she's blocked (or dressed, as Sharon Miller would say), she'll scrub up well! Tomorrow will tell . . . . .

I must now finish some of my WIPs or, at least, make some headway on them before I start a clapotis which I'll be knitting in the Harvest Hip Knits silk. The Harvest colourway is purposefully a departure from my normal colour choices which always seem to be from the pink, red, purple spectrum and, as it has lots of autumnal tones in it, should also be very seasonal!

6 Comments:

  • At 9:20 pm, Blogger MissLucy said…

    Wow, you're fast! Didn't you just start, frog and re-start this?
    It's beautiful!

     
  • At 9:52 pm, Blogger Daisy said…

    That was at the speed of light surely?!
    Have just acquired a free pattern for Birch (was free with Simply Knitting) & am now thinking of using it for Mum's Christmas present.

     
  • At 11:21 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    She's gorgeous !

     
  • At 12:17 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Hazel--I think it was Claudia at www.claudiasblog.net where I first saw the reference to crack Silk Haze. She did a beauteous Birch in marmalade--look in her Spring entries (March?) of this year. Your Birch is lovely. I've been working on mine since July, using the size-specified needles. I find KSH unforgiving in its tendency to jump off the needle, but I like the shawl enormously--mine is, appropriately, Trance color (aqua). 130 stitches are still on the needles and I fear I'll run out of crack before I'm done. Your speedy knitting and productivity are enviable. Wish me luck..... Wendy

     
  • At 9:47 am, Blogger KnitYoga said…

    Thanks, Wendy, for your comments and information on where the phrase "Crack Silk Haze" first originated. I'll take a look at Claudia's site. Hope you get your Birch finished soon. You're right about KSH tending to "jump off the needle". I found that bamboo needles are better than metal with KSH as they grip the yarn better. :-)

     
  • At 6:33 pm, Blogger MissLucy said…

    I look forward to seeing your Harvest clapotis! I have been thinking of making one myself in the Harvest colourway, but it was sold out. It will be nice to see it knit up before I decide, though, because I find it very difficult to try and imagine how a variegated yarn will look when knit up.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home