KnitYoga

All rights are reserved on all images and text on this blog.

Friday, August 12, 2005

Foxy


Went to John Lewis at Bluewater on Saturday to pick up the Cashmina only to find that, despite the fact that I'd been assured that it was all the same dye lot, it wasn't. So, instead of noir, I've ended up with a charcoal grey. In actual fact, the shade's called flannel but I prefer to think of it as charcoal grey as I don't like the thought of my (hopefully soon to be) beautiful 80% cashmere beaded Patagonian Night Sky Scarf being likened to some old cloth that you wipe your face with! They didn't have the beads I needed for the scarf so I still have to get those but here's a picture of the Cashmina (no, it's not a box of chocolates) along with the baskets that I bought also from John Lewis.


Why the baskets? Well, since it's become a health and safety hazard to attempt to sit on almost any chair here without the risk of having something sharp firmly planted into the tender skin of your butt, I decided I'd be all organised and find a basket or other suitable container big enough to hold all WIPs. The large basket therefore is destined to become a receptacle for WIPs. I'll line it with some lace edged gingham or other material so that the knitting doesn't get snagged. I was going to order a basket that was already lined with a washable cotton lining from Tchibo for only £9.99 but these caught my eye and I'm sure, at a push, I'll be able to fill the other two up with something or other.

Anyway, since I bought the baskets, I've actually been very self-disciplined and made FOs out of some of my numerous UFOs. First was Foxy shown below.


And, with some of the yarn I had left over, I even made a funky mobile phone cover. Voila!


What do you think of the button? Not exactly Swarovski crystal but not bad, huh?

On Wednesday evening we went over to Angela's to make the scarf and Foxy delivery and Foxy gilet along with Foxy phone cover was modelled by the demure Jeanette .....


..... and the rather less coy Louise


Meanwhile, younger brother, Jonathan, who has just had his thirteenth birthday made a study of nonchalance as he tapped away at his computer keyboard and pointedly ignored all of this female frivolity!

Moving on, I also finished the baby shawl that just needed the edging sewn on. Here it is.


The pattern reference for this shawl is Peter Pan P759 but I substituted the Peter Pan yarn with Sirdar Snuggly 4 ply in the Sand colourway, shade no 376.

And, here's the best news - we (being myself and DH, Chris) have booked up for spinning tuition in September! Spinning sounds as if it's "just up my street". Apparently, I'm told there's a very "holistic" aspect of spinning in that you have to listen to your heartbeat in order to set the rhythm of your spinning and it's very relaxing. So, now when I'm not doing my KnitYoga, I can do my SpinYoga! Really looking forward to learning to spin!

4 Comments:

  • At 8:24 am, Blogger Daisy said…

    From the angle I looked at the cashmina in its boxes looks like very luxurious chocolate!

     
  • At 3:23 pm, Blogger Knitsmith said…

    Hi Hazel, Glad to hear you've got some spinning lessons organised and that jaeger looks gorgeous.

    Jan

     
  • At 3:47 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Peter Pan P759 is that a book and reference to the page? This shawl looks so delicate. What a special gift. Thanks for the information.

    Donna

     
  • At 4:15 pm, Blogger KnitYoga said…

    No, Donna, it's not a book. It's just a single pattern as in a leaflet and that's the reference no. of the leaflet. If you really have your heart set on it and you have problems getting it, I can see if I can get a copy for you from our LYS and post it to you. Please email me to let me know.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home